List of ME News
Lisbon Final Workshop
The Final Workshop of the Lisbon Pilot saw the organisation of a conference, ‘The Future of Energy Efficiency in Housing’, at LISBOA E-Nova. Hélder Gonçalves, Director of the National Laboratory of Energy and Geology, and a specialist in several areas related to Energy, presented ‘Energy Efficiency Measures Integrated Within Smart Cities’. Luís Caridade, from MediaPrimer, presented the objectives of the project, the results and next steps to an audience of about 50. Discussions were focused on the presentations, which covered issues around energy efficiency in a very interactive way, with lots of questions and comments from the floor. A certificate of participation in the Lisbon Pilot was awarded to all the me2 participants (present in the workshop). In addition, the top-three participants (with the most green points) won special devices, all related to energy efficiency.
Results Lisbon Pilot
The me2 project also involved a pilot in Lisbon, with the objective of testing and demonstrating the commercial viability of the me2 system in a smallscale, closed-community environment. This pilot contributed to increased awareness and promoted energy efficiency through the integrated management of electricity, both at home and in the (electric) car. The me2 Lisbon Pilot was launched in December 2016 and ended in July 2017. It involved a community of around 50 members with several EV users. Many of the me2 community members were municipality employees. During the pilot, the project team conducted problemcentred interviews to obtain data needed to complement the consumption-monitoring data and the data collected through semi-structured diaries. The focus was on specific problems such as the value proposition of me2, the overall business model and finally, a segmentation scale.
Start Of Amsterdam Pilot
The Dutch pilot was launched on 1 September 2017 and will continue until the end of February 2018. It involves 50 households with a private electric vehicle, as well as one household with an electric scooter and one small business with a shared electric car. The kick-off workshop was held on 7 June, 2017: 20 people took part and were treated to a presentation by the HvA team, were able to meet other pilot participants, and ask questions about the project. During the summer months, the pilot participants received and installed their Cloogy’s and created their me2 accounts, so that a baseline for their regular energy usage could be collected. The community composition differs from the Portuguese pilot. Although most users are centred around urban areas, such as Amsterdam and The Hague, the Dutch pilot has participants from different areas of the Netherlands. Of the Dutch participants, 75% own a private charging point and a little over half of the 50 households also produce their own renewable electricity using PV installations; 80% of the participants (usually) charge their EV at home, with the other 20% charging exclusively at public charging points, either in their neighbourhood, at work or at a fast charger wherever they are. The results of the Amsterdam Pilot will be presented in a further newsletter in early 2018.